Friday, October 30, 2009

Seriously

I need someone looking over my shoulder telling me to not use the handy dandy internet to look up my peer’s stupidity.

[trigger warning]


[stupid warning]

Let’s back up to yesterday.

I’m in lab, having a normal lab time, working with my lab partner on a circuit. Normal lab time generally involves some goofing off and random conversation. This lab period, we were joking about resistor color codes, melting wires, and my inability to put components into the correct sockets (I’d be one off because I was tired from having a horribly triggery week and not sleeping because of it).

So, when we were joking about resistors (I know, we’re complete nerds), my lab partner tells me a mnemonic device to remember the resistor color code. It’s incredibly triggering, as are its variations.


[again, TRIGGER WARNING]

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Violet Goes Willingly
“Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls Behind Victory Garden Walls

“Bad Boys Rough’ Our Young Girls, But Violet Goes Willingly

“Bad Boys Rough’ Our Young Girls Behind Victory Garden Walls


Seriously? I mean, seriously? We can’t have the other mnemonic devices mentioned? It has to be that one? (the one first mentioned in class was the first one)

And then, as if that wasn’t bad enough, the other guys in the room chimed in with the variations, all laughing about how hilarious rape is, how it’s a “life experience” that “every woman should go through”. Seriously.

Did I mention that some of these guys were talking about how they participated in the “walk a mile in women’s shoes” march, and therefore, totally knew everything about “woman issues”?

Guys, let me help you. You don’t know jack shit about women’s issues when you make comments like the ones you made.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment